Are you an experienced transportation leader that would benefit from a career with an essential, industry leading manufacturer where your expertise can make a larger impact? Experience greater opportunities for growth and development as a valued member of a global organization that invests in employees.
Darling Ingredients is seeking a Station Manager to join our team at our transportation station located in Ward, SC. This is a high impact role that is responsible for the oversight of all Station related activities and will be responsible for managing all station employees.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Very attractive compensation
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your health savings account
- Guaranteed contributions to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up to higher level roles
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
This position will be responsible for the oversight of all Station activities; transportation functions; environmental and legal concerns; manages Station employees; trap services; route operations; and all supervisors and drivers.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily work assignments and all necessary resources to ensure all business tasks are performed in an ethical and cost effective manner and ensures that customers are serviced per Company standards and agreements.
- Oversees the planning for routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the assigned service area maintaining both compliance with DOT rules and regulations and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Field Service Representatives in both maintaining/growing customer base and addressing/resolving any service related issues.
- Coordinates equipment repairs with the Company truck shop and/or outside maintenance vendor to ensure maximum utilization and up-time.
- Adheres to all laws to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Proven experience managing CDL drivers and route efficiencies
- Effectively recruit, retain and train a transportation team that will be able to achieve operational goals. Ability to maintain 100% staffing at all times.
- Ability to measure and report operational progress.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Must understand and maintain focus on providing superior customer service.
- Working knowledge of DOT/OSHA regulations.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word. Knowledge of transportation related technologies a real plus.
- Hands-on knowledge of on-board recording devices, GPS communication, and routing optimization systems.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds overhead.
- Typically works in an industrial plant environment.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Regular evening and weekend work required.
- Travel is required, but is less than 50%.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. Know Your Rights: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/know-your-rights-workplace-discrimination-illegal-poster